The Argyle Forest Loft is surrounded by beautiful and rugged coast, lush forest, bustling fisheries, great culture and hidden gems to be discovered.
Just a short drive away in lovely West Pubnico is Dennis Point Wharf. This is the most productive lobster fishery in the Maritimes and the busiest Wharf in Eastern Canada. Employing over 1000 people it is one of the main drivers of the local economy.
While you're visiting the Pubnicos as they are known, make sure to stop in at the Acadian Village for a fantastic, immersive walk back in time to see how the local Acadians lived many years ago.
For the star gazers and astronomers, take a trip to the Deep Sky Eye Observatory just outside of Tusket for an amazing view of our galaxy.
Nearby (under an hour's drive) you can visit rich culture and beautiful sights including:
- The Historic Acadien Village
- Muses des Acadiens des Pubnicos
- Local fishing culture at the Camp Cove and Dennis Point Wharves
- Stargazing under our incredible dark night skies with Deep Sky Eye Observatory
- Cape Sable Island beaches
- Port Maitland Beach Provincial Park
- Cape Forchu Lighthouse with a photo stop at the #YarBarBuoyWall, and a beach walk at False Harbour Beach on route to the point
- Yacuik's Antiques
- Hubert & Belle's Art Shop
- Wedgeport Sport Tuna Fishing Museum
- Wedgeport Antiques
- Cape Saint Mary Lighthouse Park
- Mavilette Beach Provincial Park
- Pubnico Point Wind Farm for walking/biking trails in one of Nova Scotia's first wind farms, alongside the ocean with great shells and unique stones
- Shopping in Yarmouth including Warehouse 87 Antiques Emporium, Seahags & Scallywags, Every Bloomin' Thing, Lumberjack's Daughter
- Countless beautifully painted homes (take the self-guided heritage walk) and museums in Yarmouth
Our fav local food & drink spots:
- Argyler Lodge
- Red Cap Restaurant
- Boatskeg Distilling for their famous Salted Caramel Vodka
- Wild Roots Restaurant
- Tusket Falls Brewing Company
- Honey Bees Restaurant
- Blueberry Fields Bakery Cafe
- Studio Yarmouth Cafe & Gallery
- Heritage Brewing Co.
- Old World Bakery & Deli
- Shanty Cafe
- Mr. Gonzalez Mexician Cuisine
* Please check an establishment's hours before visiting as they vary throughout the year.